Saturday, April 2, 2011

Highlights

I just realized that it's been quite some time since I posted so I really must list our training highlights:
  1. Seeker is now CH Tacara's Sentient Seeker CGC. I talked to her through the whole test, but that is allowed. After all, we were working without food or toys.!
  2. Seeker made the cut at the WI regional and won the puppy sweeps.
  3. My teeter prep work paid off and Seeker now loves the teeter. Hopefully this joy will transfer over to the dog walk which we will test tomorrow.
  4. Seeker is flying through the channel weaves with reckless abandon. She does not pop out. I will next put distracting toys on either side of the channel to test her. If she passes that test, I'll start working on her entrances. I will not tighten up the weaves until the vet tells me her growth plates are closed.
  5. Seeker is generalizing the new command "wrap" and will seek out the object, wrap around it and chase the thrown toy. She has successfully done this around a wastebasket, cones, trees, chair, and jumps.
  6. Seeker works extremely well off lead even at Brenda Aloff's club and stays on task without reminders.
  7. I finally saw the lightbulb come on with heeling and hopefully it will continue to progress.
  8. She definitely has a fast foldback down if I throw a toy at her for the reward!
  9. I am working on teaching the verbal command for the flip finish now.
  10. I am working on teaching Seeker to stretch out her back legs more when stacked so that she doesn't look high in the rear. She's starting to understand.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you're doing everything you can with her due to her age. You should be very proud of that CGC and any other tests you can do while waiting for her growth plates to close. Funny, Dreamer's foldback down is consistently fast if a toy is involved. I love that these girls are food and toy motivated!

    ReplyDelete