I took Remy to a dog park in the town where I coach today. I never let him run because there were some un-neutered aggressive dogs there. I was proud that he watched and behaved. Luckily, I had already taken him for a walk, so he didn't feel too deprived. On the walk earlier in the day, whenever I could see a runner or biker coming, I would put him on a sit stay and stand behind him ready to correct him if he broke. No problems at all....such a good boy!
So, back to the dog park, I took him outside the fence and worked him. He was distracted by the dogs playing and tried his usual trick of pushing against me so he could stay in heel position without watching me! A few right turns solved that problem. After a few minutes he warmed up and started heeling like he can and he got a lot of praise from me for watching. (And of course his fave potato and duck treats). We did several sits and downs on the long line and he was PERFECT! I have decided that at class tomorrow night I am going to put him on the long line and not stray any further than that. I don't want to have to backtrack again after we have made such great progress this week.
AND MY BANQUET IS OVER!!! It went well and I am relieved to have some summer fun even though I will be teaching summer tennis camp. (It's a lot less stressful than coaching).
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remy is such a good boy and has such a good trainer! You're both making us look bad. :) Isn't it funny how they try these sneaky ways of doing what they want to do? Like they think you won't notice? So cute and crafty, they are. Congrats on being done with the banquet!
ReplyDelete