Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Up and At 'Em!

Dreamer and I knocked out our training session early today, as I took the morning off to wait for a repair person at the house. Dreamer is an anti-morning dog, but it's funny how she perks up if you give her a good reason. I love how she starts prancing and pawing at the air when I pick up her leash and our special bag of training tricks. She's beside herself with excitement before we even leave the house! She was ready to work today and worked hard. She had trouble with sit-waits, so we worked on several of those. She's starting to get the tucked sit...sort of. It depends on the day. Her "around" finish is looking cuter than ever, despite my bumbling and fumbling with the treats and leash. I love that hop out of the front. I'm used to the "swing" finish, which is fun and flashy in its own way, and we'll eventually learn that, but my instructor thinks there is less margin of error with the "around." It feels good to check the training duty off our list so early!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, TTT and Dreamer! We are using the around finish also. Remy learned the flip finish, but he likes to bump me, so I switched to the other.

    ReplyDelete