I could've trained her with the Flexi tonight, but unfortunately we had severe thunderstorms and tornado sirens blasting through the neighborhood. Realistically, Dreamer wouldn't have made it through a session of any kind, inside or out, so I reluctantly gave up the idea of training her tonight. Darn this blog! I hate having to admit this! We'll hope for better weather and a solid training session tomorrow.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Stormy Weather
Well, it's been a weird day. I'm happy that I took Dreamer to work with me this morning because she hadn't been there in a while, and it was a good chance for her to have "sensory overload" and lots of contact with people, slippery floors, and unfamiliar sounds and activities. I'm not happy that Dreamer ate her leash while I was working on something at my desk. I can't watch her every move. Luckily, I had brought a Flexi for bathroom breaks, so we had a spare, but this is the second leather training leash she's eaten while at work with me. Now we have no training leashes, so I'll have to get her an interim leash somewhere while I order a few online and await their arrival. Grrr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tornadoes are a great excuse not to train! You are forgiven:)
ReplyDelete