Friday, June 12, 2009

Remy the Rapist

It was a beautiful day today so I took Remy for a long walk/train session. Whenever a biker or runner would go by, he'd practice his sits or downs. The comment every time was "What a beautiful dog". Notice: they didn't say how well trained he was because they probably saw him pulling my a## around. We did some heeling and some short on lead recalls to practice a straight front (getting better slowly). Then we got to the local National Forest Campground and his reward: off lead free run. I even did a bit of running and it felt good. I put him back on lead and we practiced figure 8s around 2 posts. Then I walked him on lead by several sites where people were camping. When I got past the last campsite, I let him off lead and we started to run again. I didn't see the young gal walking. Remy did! He went up to greet her and at first I could see that she was taken aback by his size and black scary looking face, but then she saw his tail going a mile a minute and she was fine until he came through her legs from behind! Thus his new nickname. Poor girl - she's got a story to tell around the campfire tonight:)

1 comment:

  1. I forget sometimes that people are afraid of our goofball dogs! I guess the black face can be intimidating, and his funny little trick has certainly gained him a memorable nickname! How neat that you trained at a campground. It's always interesting what the dogs notice that we don't. Dreamer could find a needle in a haystack at home. Amazing. Congrats on a good training session with a beautiful dog! :)

    ReplyDelete