Monday, June 15, 2009

New Week, New Material

It's fun to start a new week off with new things to work on; it makes me want to get out and train. Dreamer and I worked on her "around" finish, and the little hop she does as she moves out of the sit in front and goes around just kills me. I hope she keeps her bouncy cuteness! I enjoyed watching her yesterday as our instructor demonstrated a few exercises. Of course, cuteness won't score her any points in obedience, so we'll just focus on what's important: The precision. Zzzzzz.

We did some sit-waits with lots of distractions too. Dreamer doesn't like waiting when there's a lot going on. I just patiently put her back in a sit every time she broke it, which was often. She has to make the mistake to learn, right? We did more tucked sits, and I'm cautiously optimistic that she'll be popping into them soon. It was a good training session.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work and try to keep the bounciness. I think those 200 dogs that are so flashy earn bonus points:)

    ReplyDelete