Saturday, June 13, 2009

Waiting to Drop Out

Dreamer and I are getting tired of our weekly conformation drop-in classes. I think the classes are helping Dreamer, but I'm just ready to get our two summer show weekends out of the way so that we can drop out of drop-in for a month or two. 

Instead of getting better after a few examinations with the instructor/judge today, Dreamer got progressively worse. At least she started out well! I'll need to wear her happy butt out and get to the show site a few hours early each day, which makes dog shows that much more exhausting. I love that she's a very happy girl. I just don't love that I can't seem to get her consistently under control in conformation. I hope she brings her A game to the Oklahoma City shows at the end of June because my former breeder (who hates me because she's learned that I have a new puppy) will be there and of course Linda will be there. But we'll keep practicing and take whatever comes.  One more week of drop-in classes before we drop out...and then the show is on! Eeek!

2 comments:

  1. You and Dreamer will do great. I feel exactly the same way in conformation classes - they last so long for the little that gets done! Our Tervs are too bright for all that. They get bored. And that's why Linda doesn't encourage us to go. But on the other hand, if we didn't go, our pups would be wild for the actual competition. Too bad we couldn't pay 1/4 of the price and stay for 1/4 of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! We get to do the simulated show thing about three or four times in one hour, depending on how many dogs show up, and it's grueling. I just want to come in and spend about 15 minutes doing the show-n-go thing!

    ReplyDelete