Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summertime Blues

I took Remy for a walk and decided that I would train him for a very short session in a very distracting place. It's the entrance to the shore access for the people who don't have lakefront property but live in our neighborhood. It's one of Remy's favorite places to go. I let him off lead and he races to the waterfront and wades in the water chasing the waves and whatever birds happen to be nearby.
We did our whole routine in about 5 minutes and I could tell that he was antsy to be done so he could have his reward. But he was patient and attentive and very appreciative when I finally let him go. But poor baby! When we got down there, I remembered that they had applied chemicals for the Eurasion Milfoil and that no swimming is allowed until Sunday. Funny, even though he beat me down there, he hadn't entered the water and didn't put up a fuss about leaving. These pups are so smart! He must have smelled the difference and decided that he didn't want a chemical bath.
So I threw the tennis ball for him when he got back and he was happy...no more summertime blues.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we weren't the only ones who had a short lesson today. Remy sounds like a very smart and sophisticated gentleman. Congrats on what sounds like a successful short lesson. Yay for tennis balls!

    ReplyDelete