The bad news: And I quote from the class instructor/judge, "You SUCK at running in a group, kiddo!" (In response, Dreamer jumped up and showered her with hugs and kisses!)
Drop-in class was huge today with lots of dogs we'd never seen before. You'd think there was going to be a Dallas show here in a few weeks or something! We had few opportunities to run with the whole group, and Dreamer was wild each time. Applause while running only makes it worse; she gets severely turned on by applause! She's great when she leads, but she needs to learn how to follow. Our instructor said she has a Monday night drop-in class that is much smaller, and that we should come to that and do some troubleshooting. I think we probably will. It can't hurt, right?
Overall, I'm very happy with how Dreamer did today. Now if only she'd behave in the REAL show ring!
That's so funny! You SUCK at running in a group! I think you are smart to go again before the shows. After all, she had fun and she showed much improvement. Better to get your confidence up before the shows, right?
ReplyDeleteWe didn't really train today. I drove 2 hours each way for the shower and then 2 grad parties. When I got home, I resisted the urge to sit on the deck with a Corona and took Remy for a train/walk. He did great so I took him swimming. I think he was really surprised when I set him down in the water off the dock, but he swam like a pro and strutted all the way back home. Tomorrow I think I'll introduce him to my doggy dock off our dock and maybe even get him to retrieve from the water. I'll let you know how it goes. And now for a Corona....
The Corona sounds like an excellent idea. How cool that you took Remy in the water! Can't wait to hear how he does with the doggy dock.
ReplyDelete